Invisalign Clear Braces In Austin
The invisible way to straighten your teeth without metal braces. To discuss clear braces in the Austin TX area, please feel free to contact us to schedule an appointment and get your beautiful smile.
For information on Invisalign, please visit www.invisalign.com.
- Invisalign uses clear removable aligners: Unlike traditional braces, which use metal wires and brackets, Invisalign uses clear aligners that are almost invisible, making them a more aesthetically pleasing option for straightening crooked teeth.
- Aligners are made using 3-D computer imaging technology: Invisalign aligners are custom-made for each patient using 3-D computer imaging technology. This technology helps to create an accurate model of the teeth and the movements needed to straighten them.
- Wear each set of aligners for about 2 weeks: Patients wear each set of aligners for about 2 weeks before switching to the next set. The length of time may vary depending on the individual case and your orthodontist will provide guidance on how long to wear each set.
- Teeth move gradually: Each set of aligners moves the teeth gradually, little by little until they reach their final position. This allows for a more comfortable and less abrupt adjustment compared to traditional braces.
- Treatment time averages 12-18 months: The length of treatment may vary depending on the individual case. However, on average, treatment with Invisalign takes between 12-18 months.
- The average number of aligners is 18-30: The number of aligners needed also varies depending on the individual case. On average, patients wear between 18-30 aligners during their treatment, but this can vary depending on the complexity of the case.
- Regular dental check-ups and cleanings: Patients will visit a dentist about once every 6 months for their regular professional dental exams and teeth cleanings during their Invisalign treatment.
How does Invisalign work?
Invisalign works by using a series of clear plastic aligners that are custom-made to fit your teeth. Each aligner is worn for about two weeks and gradually moves your teeth into the desired position. As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move until they are in the desired position. Invisalign helps with misshapen, crooked, or crowded teeth and leaves you with a confident smile.
Invisalign vs Traditional Metal Braces
Invisalign and traditional metal braces are both popular orthodontic treatments used to straighten teeth. Both treatments involve wearing a series of aligners or braces over time. Invisalign is a more modern approach to orthodontic treatment, while traditional metal braces have been used for many years.
Invisalign is a clear, removable aligner system, which uses a series of customized aligners to gradually move teeth into place. Invisalign requires fewer office visits than traditional braces and is nearly invisible when worn. Invisalign is also more comfortable and can be removed for brushing and flossing.
Traditional metal braces, on the other hand, are made up of metal brackets and wires, which are attached to the teeth. These braces apply continuous pressure to the teeth to gradually move them into the desired position. Traditional metal braces can be more visible than Invisalign, but they are often more effective at correcting complex orthodontic cases.
Invisalign and traditional metal braces can both be effective treatments for correcting misaligned teeth and bite problems. The best choice for each individual patient depends on their specific needs and preferences.
Invisalign and Invisalign Teen both use clear aligners to straighten teeth, but they are tailored to different age groups. Invisalign is designed for adults, while Invisalign Teen is specifically created for teenagers. Invisalign Teen includes features such as extra room for the eruption of adult teeth and compliance indicators that show whether the patient is wearing their aligners as prescribed. Invisalign Teen also comes with up to four replacement aligners in case of loss or damage. Invisalign, on the other hand, is designed to fit the needs of adult patients and does not include any of the special features that Invisalign Teen offers.